- Are the specimens provided by Experience Anatomy real?
Yes, they are real human tissue.
- How are the anatomy specimens preserved?
All specimens are preserved through the process of plastination, which yields tissue that is dry, non-toxic and odorless.
- Where do the anatomy specimens come from?
All specimens are sourced through the Institute for Plastination in Guben, Germany. The Institute was established in 1982 by the inventor of plastination, Dr. Gunther von Hagens. Every specimen curated was donated to the Institute for Plastination for the purposes of anatomy education.
- Can I donate my body to Experience Anatomy for plastination?
No, Experience Anatomy does not accept donations.
- How long do the specimens last?
If proper care is taken, plastinated specimens will last indefinitely.
- How can I engage with Experience Anatomy?
There are numerous ways to get hands-on, minds-in with Experience Anatomy. You can rent a Specimen Kit, participate in a Workshop or Seminar, attend an Event, or create a Custom Education Program with us.
- Who can rent Specimen Kits?
Anyone who has an interest in learning anatomy will benefit from their engagement with our Specimen Kits
- Can I request custom specimens?
Yes! Contact us for any custom requests.
- How are specimens transported?
Specimen Kits are packed in rugged, lockable totes and are delivered directly to you.
- How can I be sure that the specimens won’t be tampered with during transit?
For security and quality assurance, the combination for your locked Specimen Kit tote is emailed to your program lead once the Kit is in transit. When your program is complete, just follow the packing instructions and return the Specimen Kit to us.
- How long can I keep a Specimen Kit rental?
Standard kit rentals are based on a minimum of one week and can be extended upon request. If needed for less than a week, contact us for availability and pricing.
- How much does it cost to rent a Specimen Kit?
Experience Anatomy is not a one-size-fits-all solution. We recognize that needs vary significantly depending on the audience, their level of knowledge and the program end goal. We offer a pricing matrix that allows you to select the amount of product and level of service you require. Connect with us for details.
- I have an idea for a program or have relevant expertise to offer, can I get in touch?
Yes, please reach out. We’ve dreamed up a lot of exciting programs and unexpected partnerships, but there’s no limit to the educational opportunities afforded by our anatomy resources.
- Who is your target market?
Our clients most frequently hail from the fields of education, medicine, emergency response and the military, but we’ve been known to pop up in breweries, libraries, museums, festivals and all sorts of surprising places. There’s not a warm body out there who can resist the opportunity to learn more about how humans tick.
- Where is Experience Anatomy located?
Our offices are located in uptown Charlotte (known as downtown most everywhere else). Have plastinates, will travel; the tangible nature of our specimens lets us come to you.