Bringing new meaning to lifelong learning.
At Experience Anatomy, we believe inspired educators inspire students to accomplish extraordinary things.
Experience Anatomy is flipping the script on the teaching and learning of human anatomy.
We agree that cadaver and live-tissue study is “king” when it comes to the study of human anatomy… and we know that access to a diversity of specimens – or to a wet lab at all – can be infrequent. An unfair reality to teachers and students alike.
Studies show that plastinated specimens are a highly impactful anatomy teaching tool either in absence of live tissue or as a mixed methods approach to instruction due to their ability to:
- Add context and academic value to a variety of subjects;
- Afford dedicated time with authentic human specimens, allowing for maximal curriculum development, lesson planning and independent study;
- Provide a cost-effective alternative to maintaining a wet lab while providing opportunities for exact interpretation;
- Bolster instruction anywhere, anytime;
- Eliminate the risks associated with exposure to toxic chemicals, such as formaldehyde, phenol and alcohols;
- Increase retention by enabling easy note taking (a mundane point unless you’ve experienced the struggle of taking notes in a wet lab!).